Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

PMVI History and Artifacts - Google Photos

PMVI History and Artifacts - Google Photos
"During this time I spoke frequently on the phone with Paul. He was trying to keep things going up here even while living in Tallahassee. A lot of our discussions were related to how to make PMVI a non profit. 

This led me to explore and join the Arts Council Board. Paul had received an Arts Council Award (1981?) so I looked to them as a way to learn more about how non profits worked. 

They put me on the board and I joined four committees the first year. I was however never allowed to join the Audubon Development Committee. 

When I was hired onto staff by Bitsie Clark to be the PR Director, I suggested my vacancy be filled by Tim Feresten. Tim served and faced the same issues never being allowed to join the Development Committee. 

Tim along with Rick Camp from First Constitution Bank (when Walter Miller was president) were my committee chairs for the Communications Department. We worked on building the New Haven Arts publication into a recognizable brand statewide. Tim and I both knew things were fishy. When I stuck my neck out I nearly got myself fired. ( I will get you that New Haven Register Article on me commenting on the project.)" Bev Richey from Google Photo Album for the New Haven Museum. Nov 2019