Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Misc. Flatwork


This is a group is flatworks. The front piece is one of my earlier photo-montages. It is Clare's birth and homecoming. The painting behind it is a painting from a class taken in Madison as an effort to bring myself back to the work after and extended disconnect related to my mother's illness and all my domestic responsibilities. The tall piece just behind it is one of my first and only poster layouts done for EAGLE SCHOOL. I was quite excited about being able to design that piece on photoshop and have it professionally printed. A number of them sold to the parents and a large poster was printed by Cory Muir for the school. As far as I know it is still hangs there. The poster itself was of paintings of volcanoes done by the kindegarten, known at the school as the nest. The poster was created by taken digital photographs of each child's painting. This project brought me back to my democratic values of the importance of all creative efforts. I may have been inspired to take this on after engaging in the repeated selection process for the auction posters. The auction posters were one of the ways that I offered my skills to the school as a volunteer.